The Prospectory enjoys having an eclectic mix of projects on the go at any time. It stops us getting bored!
For the past 2 years, we have continued our experiments in ultra low energy rural vehicles and have been experimenting with domestic energy storage. Alison is working with two artists on a series of projects focussed on money, wealth inequality and debt. We are not quite sure where any of these projects will take us but hope to enjoy the journey.
Some of The Prospectory’s past projects include:-
- Jointly setting up the Eco Travel Network (2012-2018) which won the Green Transport Prize in 2013 and the Low Carbon Champions Award for Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year 2014.
- Studying psychology of low energy rural travel.
- Collaborative research on an art and conservation project
- Designing and running a trial of 2 converted electric buggies for tourists to use. The b-bug project was selected by the Guardian Green Travel List as one of the top 25 most innovative eco-tourism projects in 2011.
- Studying visitor travel in the Brecon Beacons National Park
- Studying how tourists find things out
- Co-designing and testing a unique 17 foot pedal powered boat ‘Winsome’ for use on canals, lakes and rivers.
- Researching wooden boat buying values and behaviour and the role of boat shows.
- Designing and running a trial of electric bikes.
- Designing and running a trial of smart energy meters in 10 Welsh homes
- Running an experiment on psychological reactions to food waste.
- Exploring live rugby as a consumer product for The Scarlets and Welsh Rugby Union.
- Designing and running experiments in consumer art appreciation and online retail.